... ALWAYS
Suddenly she woke me up at 1 am
yesterday night. I got up and opened my locked drawer, took out a book, the
cover page of which now torn, radiated an old rustic charm. She started reading
it page by page, line by line, absorbing every word of it. The lamp was dim,
and ambiance transcended the ordinary... She read and I listened. Sometimes her
lips moved and the sound ceased, but yet I heard her and it was so clear.
Sometimes a smile played by her lips, while at times her expression would
become grave. Those twinkling eye, ran innocently through the pages and I would
just loose myself in the reverie of her divine presence. The clock struck 7 and
she looked at me in tears and smile. "The book is over dear, I've to
go" said she. I was almost paralyzed, I couldn't move. "Stay, stay,
please.. " I said and she waved me a goodbye and gradually dissolved into
ether.
I opened my reluctant eyes, it was 7. I sighed. Opened my
drawer, took out the book, opened its last page. Read the line written
beautifully in blue ink...
"I shall find you in dreams, if reality
ever betrays us"
No comments:
Post a Comment