A MISERABLE EXPERIMENT
“God is always looking after you, so chant His name n be at
peace” thus concluded the only discourse I ever heard on ASTHA channel. It was
a chill morning n my parents were rapturously watching the live telecast of
some saint whose name I am not hiding but I really don’t remember, n how can I
? Everyone is either some shri shri swami shri or some ‘anand’ in the end, so
its quite a task to recognize nowadays saint by their names.
Anyway, after its conclusion, I went to my study room but
was unable to forget the concluding remark “God is always looking after you....”
I wondered how can it be possible! Saints only say that god is ONE. So how can
that one look after so many people on earth. Of course, I didn’t believe in it
even a bit. So I thought to put this
statement to a test. I made a plan. Next day I had an exam n had to go to Varanasi
from Allahabad. Its roughly 150 Kms apart. I departed the same afternoon by bus
towards Varanasi n deliberately took minimum money with me, I just had Rs 200 in
my pocket. The fare was Rs 85. I paid it from the money I had. N in the middle
of the journey, bus stopped at a point for some refreshments. I took this
opportunity n gave the rest of my money to a nearby beggar. Now I was penniless.
Bus reached Varanasi nearly at 5 pm. As I was not having any money, I thought to
roam aimlessly in the city. I didn’t have any other choice. Till 7 pm, i
wondered here n there appreciating the beauty of the city. But after all that
travel n aimless wondering, I got very tired n hungry, the latter was more
dominating. I said to myself- Don't worry, if god is looking after me, he has to
make some arrangement. One hour passed, the hunger took an intense form n there
was no help from the so called GOD! I thought may be He is checking my trust n
patience . Another 2 hour passed but my hunger got worse n my little belief in
god started diminishing exponentially. I was cursing myself for deliberately
putting myself through all this. It was 10:30 pm n I was so tired that I sat
under a nearby tree. I tried to sleep but the damn hunger was not allowing my
body to fall asleep. I started cursing that saint “how liar he is! Misguiding so
many people in the name of God”
Suddenly I remembered, that I had a 500 rupee note inside
one of the chains of my bag. Actually a week ago, a friend of mine returned me
rs 500 which he once borrowed from me. I am in the habit of keeping high value
currency in my bag instead of my pocket so that time also I did the same thing.
When i checked my bag, yes, it was there!! I can’t tell you how happy I was to
find that... I first managed my hunger
by visiting a restaurant, then took a very ordinary room for one night within
that stringent budget n even managed to return home the next day comfortably.
HENCE....my conclusion after that incident was-“ If I have
even a ten rupee note, my belief in that note will always be million times more
than on some abstract concept like GOD “
We should always use
our common sense more, rather than
believing in god, blindly. God is nice n good in books n theories. But in
reality, if you have a better means, choose that always instead of sitting in a
hope that god my descend to you n say-“ Are you hungry my child? Here is a
burger n coke for you.”
-Kaavya
No comments:
Post a Comment