.....SOMEWHERE LOST
In white there was she, standing right in front of me.
Unnoticed to most eyes, simple and true, everything paused for a moment or two.
Like a dream it was, and the feeling that I was never going to see her again,
she looked at me and looked away. Innocent and divine, she hardly talked to
anyone, how could she be mine...
Yes I clearly remember the last day of my college. Capturing
her within my eyes and never let her go was all I was doing. Though everything lasted
for 5 seconds or so but it was much longer to me. Every noise ceased, every
movement stopped, every voice chocked, everything else dissolved into
nothingness. All I saw, realized, felt, was her.
Black shoes, a black jeans, a white t-shirt, tiny watch on
her right wrist, limousine dark eyes, fair skin, neatly combed hair and polite
lips. That is how I am and will recall her in my memories. That is all I am
left with.
Though she never realized but she gifted me a memory for
eternity. I talked to her 4 times in 4 long college years, out of which two
times it was just a yes and no. The third time we talked about how crappy our
college was. The fourth time was a bit longer, won’t tell it now.
After those precious 5 seconds, the practical world rushed
in, the noisy students, the farewell music, the thumping of iron at a nearby
mill, and the chaotic farewell party atmosphere. The corridor where I stood,
oblivious to her angelic eyes, took a sharp turn and
started carrying her with it. She turned to her left, adjusted her hair and a
few moments later, she was behind the corridor’s horizon. I didn’t say anything
to her that last day, didn’t want to be
in the forgotten part of her memories. I was oblivious to her, so shall I be
forever. I took a deep breath, turned
back and silently closed my eyes and made her permanent in my memories.
I won’t say it was love or something, but I just consider
myself to be her admirer. An almost unknown unrecognized admirer. If ever I get
a chance to say something to her I would say-
“ whenever you feel down, neglected, gloomy, alone... be
sure there is me in some corner of the world who still cares about you... for
whom you will always be a priceless princess.”
PS: The above piece
of writing is just a vague illustration of the statements of my friend,
Kshitij, when he talked about his last college day.
-kaavya
No comments:
Post a Comment