CHILDHOOD MELODY
Sitting by the brook one musky dusk, no one around but an old man..
With intoxicating eyes n face expressive, bearded heavily white as snow
Gazing at the perennial flow, picked his dilapidated cello..
Everything was silent, a hush all around;
when the music bloomed permeated with emotions sleeping beneath this nostalgic sound...
Enraptured i was, a serene bliss ensued, the familiar music I use to have in dreams..
when I was a child without pain n screams...
when happiness meant eating chocolates
when sadness lasted until a hug..
when mother's solacing eye was a refuge to everything wild
when only fear was school punishment
when love used to be unconditional n smiles real
when tears didn't dry up but were wiped...
Lost is that world, lost are those lyrics...just the melody survives
Ignorance has now pierced by being through
But oh yes! once I was me
I was pure and true..
-Kaavya
Sitting by the brook one musky dusk, no one around but an old man..
With intoxicating eyes n face expressive, bearded heavily white as snow
Gazing at the perennial flow, picked his dilapidated cello..
Everything was silent, a hush all around;
when the music bloomed permeated with emotions sleeping beneath this nostalgic sound...
Enraptured i was, a serene bliss ensued, the familiar music I use to have in dreams..
when I was a child without pain n screams...
when happiness meant eating chocolates
when sadness lasted until a hug..
when mother's solacing eye was a refuge to everything wild
when only fear was school punishment
when love used to be unconditional n smiles real
when tears didn't dry up but were wiped...
Lost is that world, lost are those lyrics...just the melody survives
Ignorance has now pierced by being through
But oh yes! once I was me
I was pure and true..
-Kaavya
No comments:
Post a Comment