Everything Is a Surprise
Not always but rarely my mind tries to be free from the mundane
life activities n starts reflecting upon itself. Sometimes I feel that really
everything around me is so much covered in mystery, including myself. Just
think for a moment that the computer in front of you is made up of the so
called omnipresent ATOM, n you too are made up of atom but of different
elements(a few can be common though). We are nothing but a bunch of electrons
surrounding messily something known as nucleus. We say the nucleus is positive
n electrons are negative(mugging up this crap from childhood), but I wonder what IS a charge? I know you can tell various
properties of a charge, but if you keep aside those properties, how can you
imagine it? I mean just try to make a memory picture of an electron...try it...
What you came up with? I asked this question to many friends
of mine n 90% of them gave a similar picture(rest 10% suggested me to get a
life ) Their answer was – “ An electron is something of a spherical shape
rotating about its axis n revolving around the nucleus”. I agree, this picture
comes to me as well when I have to write an exam, but when I am out of my
mind(not a rare case), I really can’t objectify an electron but feel that
electrons n other subatomic particles are just an EFFECT trying to balance out
some sort of disturbance that caused the big bang, n in that balancing process,
it kept on creating things n ended up creating this universe n other
multiverse.(n still creating). I don’t want to get into the electron spin now
as it would divert me from what i am trying to say. Anyway, if you think at
quantum level, you will find that these fundamental charges are not prominent,
they appear at one location but its effect spreads more than the point covered
by it n then reappear at other location almost instantly, of course confined by
the boundary conditions. Schrodinger, in his theory, basically said the same
thing(excluding the ‘effect’ thing) of course his version of saying this was
much more accurate n scary than mine.
If you look at a curve showing the probabilistic
distribution of electron in a confined space, you will find that with the
spread of distance from a particular point, the probability of finding the
electron decreases(to sound scary I should say, the wave function collapses)*
both ways n in the middle it is peaked. This suggests that within two points say
A and B, there is a point say C within where the probability of finding that
bastard is maximum but this does not mean that you won’t find it anywhere else
apart from c, you may find it at A or near B as well. Modern theories claim
that an electron can be at multiple places at the same time. Now the weird
thing is(yes,till now it was not supposed to be weird), we are also made up of
the same electrons n other little inkly
dinkly stuff, but probability of finding me at my home (where I am now sitting
n typing this piece of shit), automatically cancels out the probability of
finding me sitting next to you. If those little mischievous electrons can be at
more than one place at the same time, I am
also made up of the same electrons n other subatomic particle but I
can’t be at two places the same time( life would have been much easier, you
know...sitting n giving an exam n simultaneously watching a movie at some
multiplex, cool! Isn’t it..).
Another thing that confuses my mind is how can we have
consciousness but the subatomic particles cannot.? Why I can think but a pen
which I hold in my hand during an exam, cannot! After all we all are the same,
mess of distributed energy chiselled meticulously my infinite mathematical
constraints n conditions. Even Hindu religion thousands of years ago claimed
the same thing which theoretical physicists are discovering now, that
‘everything is same’. The great master shri Ramakrishna, the guru of Swami
Vivekananda used to say-“ Me and this chair is the same thing, I can perceive
myself as this chair as well”. I really think, at some point, when the mind
saturates with intense purification n thirst for truth, dawns a phenomenon
which I call ‘the merger of consciousness’ . And it is logical, see, the most
granted theory regarding the formation of this universe is BIG BANG, right?
Though I personally don’t believe in this theory much, but still considering it
true for a while, everything emerged out of it. That includes really everything
we see n beyond. So in other words we are part n parcel of the same thing, our
source is ONE. So it should be no surprise that we all are connected in some
mysterious ways.(just like every branch of a tree is connected to the stem
directly or indirectly). Its like a many to many relation, where everything is
connected to everything else. So if by the above thought process, I have
consciousness, then the table chair pen paper computer etc etc can also have
that consciousness n we are all ONE n
SAME at the basic level. So, Ramakrishna’s
experience of universal consciousness should not be a great surprise
now, because everything is connected to everything else. Hence, every bit of
thing around me is just my own extension, the only thing is that we have lost
the method of perceiving it.
According to Pauli’s
exclusion principle, no two electron can have the same quantum
states(say, energy level for convenience). Now, suppose I start rubbing my palm
, due to friction it gets heated up, that means I have imparted energy to the
subatomic particles constituting my palm, right? Okay, so lets say, the energy
level of any random electron of my palm is E1. On rubbing my palms I imparted
it energy n now its energy is raised to, say, E2. Now as per pauli, no two electrons can have the same energy
level( I can explain the reason behind it but then I have to type more n I am
already tired of typing). Suppose, just for example, Barak Obama is near the
fire place of his home in a chilly night n is warming up his hands, the energy
level of an electron of his palm was suppose E2 already n the, after that I
started rubbing my palms. Now, the moment the energy of my electron reaches E2,
the energy of Obama’s electron has to
change its energy configuration at any value apart from E2. Suppose it changed
to E3. Now at any part of the world, may be the temperature of some other
substance is such that one of its electron has energy which is also E3, so that
will change its energy to some other value apart from E3.(note: these energy
changes are very small) N this way the process becomes cumulative n
progressive. So , just by rubbing your hand, you are unknowingly changing the
energy configuration of electrons throughout the universe n beyond.
Really this world is fascinating with all its mysteriously
created ever existing laws that governs the universe. What am I , I don’t know,
what a dust particle is I even don’t know that, what atoms are, definitely I
have no clue, what is time* I don’t
know. All i know is that we are somehow existing in this time without cause n
without destination. Sometimes personally I do believe in the philosophy of
life- EAT DRINK N BE MERRY. Because I feel to know this universe n every
particle of it, every law, will make humans insane. Till now we have just
explored a tiny fraction of this cosmos, n created million things, just imagine
what would not be possible if we someday realize everything..!
N frankly speaking I do think that I really need to get a
life... :P
Now I gotta go. I have a few upcoming job exams to write.
Alas! I am still jobless.
(* means that I deliberately didn’t discuss those points
else it would have been a long article)
-kaavya
No comments:
Post a Comment